Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Delmon Young statement

Delmon Young issued a statement Friday afternoon, shortly before he was to be arraigned in New York. [Click here for the full story.]

"I sincerely regret what happened last night. I apologize to everyone
I affected, the Ilitch family, the Detroit Tigers’ organization, my
teammates, my family, and the great Tigers’ fans that have supported
me since day one. I take this matter very seriously and assure
everyone that I will do everything I can to improve myself as a person
and player.”

From Delmon's attorney, Dan Ollen:
“I represent Delmon Young with respect to the incident that occurred
last night. With this matter now in the legal system, Delmon is
unable to make any further statements or discuss this matter in
further detail. All future press or investigative inquiries should be
directed to me. Let me be clear, there are many false allegations
regarding the actions of my client and I am confident that the legal
process will separate fact from fiction and discredit these reports.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home