Blogs > Out of Left Field

A sometimes-irreverent look at Detroit's Boys of Summer, the Tigers, as they try to return to the top of the American League Central.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Hall of Fame ballot for the IBWAA


I joined the Internet Baseball Writers Association of America (IBWAA) a few days ago, and one of the perks of membership in that organization is immediate eligibility to vote for the Hall of Fame. I'm still six years of covering the Tigers away from gaining that right with the Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA), of which I'm also a member.

I gave the vote a lot of thought over the last two days, and below is the ballot that I submitted.

A few key things to note about the IBWAA ballot:
• Barry Larkin (voted in to the Hall of Fame by the BBWAA in 2012) has not yet been voted in by the IBWAA electorate, so he's still on the ballot.
• The revers is true for Craig Biggio and Mike Piazza, so they do not appear on the ballot below.
• The IBWAA limit for voting is 15 (I used 13 of those slots), which makes it much easier to clear the present log-jam of worthy candidates, without having to leave some off.

And, finally — yes, I voted for Alan Trammell, even though I think it's highly unlikely that he gets anywhere close to the requisite votes in his final year on the ballot. I think it's far more likely that he gets voted in by the veterans committee down the road, hopefully at the same time as Lou Whitaker, which is his fondest wish.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Vote for Clemens next year.

December 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home